Kontron, a leading global provider of IoT/Embedded Computer Technologies (ECT), will be presenting its products and solutions for the transportation industry at InnoTrans 2018, the world’s leading trade show for transportation technology in Berlin, in hall 2.1, booth 315. Kontron’s portfolio specifically addresses the rapidly growing smart rail markets in Europe, Asia and the US, providing for the modernisation of existing fleets as part of retrofit programs. These include easily customisable EN50155 certified computer profiles running on the Kontron TRACe product range family. The portfolio is suited for application scenarios such as video surveillance, passenger entertainment and infotainment, passenger information systems, rolling stock control systems, and fleet management. Kontron supports the expansion and renewal of the railway infrastructure with the company’s industrial monitors (HMI) and special displays. In addition to other solutions, Kontron will specifically demonstrate at InnoTrans new products for the railway and transportation sectors: TRACe V407-TR, TRACe B404-TR and VX3106.
- TRACe V407-TR: The fanless computer delivers video processing capabilities and real-time analyis, video streaming, and video storage to match video surveillance requirements. TRACe V407-TR, the model presented at the show, is based on the powerful Intel Core(TM) i7-6600U (dual-core @ 2.6 GHz) processor.
- TRACe-B404-TR: This computer features three MiniPCIe slots offering easy customisation such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, LTE, 4G, GPW, WLAN, or Bluetooth. This fanless computer was specifically designed for harsh environments. The model presented at the show is based on the Intel Atom(TM) x5-E3940 (quad-core @ 1.6 GHz) processor.
- TRACe-LoRa-MQTT is a ready-to-use fanless platform offering LoRa local network and transforming messages to MQTT streams. The platform embeds a LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network) LoRa radio concentrator that can sustain up to eight communication channels simultaneously, including Ethernet connectivity from one of the two GbE M12X-coded connectors. The connection to the Cloud server is secured by TLS connection using private keys on both sides, the TRACe gateway and the Cloud server.
- SAFe Vx: Meet the architecture already deployed worldwide by two leading rail signaling suppliers. SAFe Vx illustrates the use of heterogeneous CPU and switch blades to address the redundancy required by safety critical applications. SAFeVx is designed and assembled in a Kontron facility bearing the ISO/TS 22163 (formerly IRIS) Certificate, the worldwide recognised system for auditing railway suppliers.
- VX3035: Kontron VX3035 is based on the second generation of the Intel Core(TM) i7 processor. Integrating the Intel Core(TM) i7-2655LE processor, Intel HD graphics and features such as Intel Turbo Boost technology and Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX), the new 3HE VPX CPU board defines a new performance class for SwaP-optimised (size, weight, and power) high-performance embedded computing applications.
- TRACe HMID104 is an EN50155 compliant fanless and maintenance-free 10.4″ Panel PC featuring a PCAP display with touch panel tailored for the railway and transportation industry. It can be quickly adapted to different requirements as a flexible platform for developers of train control systems, for instance, for train operation, for providing passenger information systems, or for other onboard computers. In addition, the TRACe HMID104 features UIC612-01 hardkeys. The front plate complies with protection class IP65, protecting the front against dust and splash water. The panel display computer is based on the Intel Atom processor and is easily upgradable and scalable using mini PCI-E card slots.
Robert Negre, head of Transportation Business Line, commenting on Kontron’s attendance at InnoTrans 2018: “As a leader in embedded computing and IoT, we are committed to providing customers in the transportation industry with our broad expertise as well as hardware and software solutions. In tandem with our parent company S&T, we are perfectly positioned to support transportation companies in their transition to becoming smart and connected transportation providers. Data collection, data exchange and the provision of information gathered from this data is our core business, actively leading the transportation industry into the digital era.”