Teknic recently launched ClearCore, a low-cost, multi-axis, motion and industrial I/O controller offering OEMs a new way to save space, money and wiring in their automated machinery.
ClearCore provides 4 axes of motion control, Ethernet, serial, USB, and wireless expandability along with 13 configurable digital & analog I/O points. By registering their application with Teknic, OEM machine builders can lock in the single-piece $99 pricing.
Key specifications and benefits of ClearCore include:
- Hardware includes a powerful 32-bit, floating point ARM Cortex-M4 processor, 192k local RAM, 512k Flash, interrupt handler, and an onboard SD Card interface for storage expansion.
- ClearCore provides up to 4 axes of motion control for Teknic’s ClearPath integrated servos, 3rd party stepper drives, or any brushless servo motor with a digital servo drive.
- ClearCore includes 13 industrially hardened and electrically conditioned, 24V I/O points, including digital and analog inputs and outputs. Extend your I/O compliment with 8-point I/O expansion modules (CCIO-8) for a total I/O compliment of 73 I/O points.
- Compatible with XBee modules for peer-to-peer wireless communications such as WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, DigiMesh, 802.15.4, and others.
- A rich C++ library & software API including more than 40 extensively commented example projects ensures ease-of-use and accelerates your development cycle. Advanced debugging via the Atmel IDE and in-circuit emulator enables the serious programmer to step through code, set breakpoints, evaluate expressions, watch variables, and much more.
- All source code is available for download, at no cost, under an open-source, copy-right, MIT license.
- For rapid software prototyping, install the optional but free Arduino wrapper library to easily create programs within the simple and popular Arduino IDE.
ClearCore can be ordered online. Each unit ships within 3 business days and comes with a 3-year warranty and a 90 day money-back guarantee.