STMicroelectronics, a global semiconductor company serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, is showcasing its latest products and technologies for mobile, wearable, and Internet-of-Things applications at Mobile World Congress Shanghai, July 15th-17th, 2015. ST designs, manufactures, and delivers solutions that help its Chinese customers transform the world for the better.
China is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic Mobile and IoT markets. According to IDC, 420.7 million smartphones were shipped to China in 2014 and the year-over-year growth for the smartphone market in China is expected to hit close to 10% in 2015. ST addresses the needs of the Chinese market with a complete portfolio of semiconductor products and technologies for mobile, wearable, and IoT applications, complemented with tools and software that make end-device development simpler, easier, and faster.
ST’s demos at Mobile World Congress Shanghai will cover all of the key elements of mobile, wearable, and IoT applications, including ultra-low-power microcontrollers (MCU), connectivity/NFC, energy management, and MEMS and sensors.
- Flexible and powerful STM32 microcontrollers, including the STM32 F7 series, the world’s first ARM Cortex-M7 based devices featuring record-high performance, together with the extensive development ecosystem comprising new important tools and embedded software (full-featured evaluation board, discovery kits, and the STM32 Nucleo open development platform).
- Secure microcontrollers and NFC solutions, including an NFC watch prototype with ST chips supporting Bluetooth mobile-phone connection and application management; discovery kits that demonstrate how a dynamic NFC tag communicates with an MCU and an NFC device/phone.
- A complete power-management portfolio covering ECMF, AMOLED, RF tuners, and wireless and battery chargers. The undisputed leader in all AMOLED platforms, ST provides complete solutions for small, middle, and large-size AMOLED panels, supporting HD, FHD, and WQHD display resolutions. ST’s ECMFs are highly integrated silicon common-mode filters combined with high-efficiency ESD protection. They are designed to suppress EMI/RFI common-mode noise on high-speed differential serial buses like USB 3.0, USB 3.1, or HDMI. ST’s RF tuners help optimize TIS (Total Isotropic Sensitivity)/TRP (Total Radiated Power) performance in mobile phones, addressing low antenna-efficiency issues especially in multiple-mode or wide-frequency applications such as 4G.
- Low-power connectivity and Bluetooth solutions including an ultra-low-power, ultra-long-distance beacon based on an ST MCU and BlueNRG network processor, and a customer-designed remote controller built on an ST MCU, BlueNRG processor, and an IR transceiver.
- A wide variety of motion, touch, environment, proximity, and Time-of-Flight sensors.
Under the theme of “Mobile Unlimited,” this year’s Mobile World Congress Shanghai focuses on how mobile technology – from connected cars and wearable tech to mobile payments and smarter cities – is revolutionising and enhancing every aspect of an individual’s life. Mobile World Congress Shanghai will include a conference program featuring CEOs and senior executives from leading companies in Asia and around the world; an extensive exhibition showcasing mobile products and services; and a diverse range of seminars, meetings, and other activities to address specific interests and requirements of MWC visitors.