Zebra Technologies Corporation, the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced a new collaboration with Shoe-D-Vision. The Danish wholesaler is deploying Zebra TC51 touch mobile computers at internal biannual exhibitions to help buyers make more informed purchases and order products quickly and efficiently. The TC51 enhances inventory accuracy and efficiency for store associates and offers shoppers improved service.
- Shoe-D-Vision selected Zebra Technologies and its long-term software partner, Delfi Technologies to deploy the Zebra TC51 to store owners and front-office associates.
- Shoe-D-Vision resellers and buyers use TC51s at internal exhibitions to pre-order stock from over 25,000 items on display, saving time and reducing paperwork.
- Store associates use TC51s to access and process inventory, enabling greater visibility on stock movement. The TC51s interface directly with Shoe-D-Vision’s back-office system via the browser interface. With an effective inventory control, store associates work more productively.
- The TC51’s Push-to-Talk-over-VoIP capability improves real-time communication between associates in the backroom who can bring shoes out to those who are serving shoppers. Store associates offer customers a faster, higher quality, professional service.
- Development of new applications is easier and more reliable through Zebra’s Mobility DNAsoftware ecosystem, which transforms Android into a robust and secure enterprise operating system. This stability is reinforced with LifeGuard for Android, through extended security support and updates throughout the device’s lifetime.
- Shoe-D-Vision, headquartered in Denmark, is a buying cooperative with 80 shoe resellers owning 220 stores with sales of more than 2.9 million shoes annually.
Asger Simonsen, chief information officer, Shoe-D-Vision, said: “Zebra is known for its high-performance enterprise solutions and, together with Delfi, has provided us with an excellent outcome. Our users love the TC51, citing its processing speeds, user-friendliness and screen size as key factors. Moving forward, we are exploring further uses for the TC51, including omnichannel services. More specifically having our sales associates help customers place orders online if an item is not available in store.”
Jason Harvey, vice president, sales, Northern Region, Zebra Technologies, said: “Zebra Technologies has helped Shoe-D-Vision unlock the real-time operational visibility they need to make more informed decisions and provide a better overall shopper experience. Working with Delfi Technologies, we offer a solution that ultimately helps staff throughout the stores deliver a faster professional service and improve their overall efficiency.”