Future Electronics, founded in 1968 by company president Robert Miller and now a world-class leader and innovator in the distribution and marketing of electronics components, today announced dates for a series of seminars presenting the latest technologies for advanced Human-Machine Interface (HMI) designs, including microcontrollers with multi-touch and voice-recognition capabilities and tools for rapid graphics display development.
The all-day seminars, which will take place in ten European city-centre locations in October and November 2017, will address the most common issues faced by designers of industrial and medical equipment when developing sophisticated touch-sensing graphics displays. Engineers attending the seminars will learn about:
· the improved capabilities of the 2D graphics accelerator, display controller and touch-sensing controller built into the latest microcontrollers from manufacturers such as NXP Semiconductors, STMicroelectronics and Microchip
· quick and effective ways to implement attractive and functional display graphics using the TouchGFX graphics library and design tool
· the extended lifetime, robust performance and support for touch-sensing with gloves and operation in wet conditions provided by high-brightness industrial displays from Tianma-NLT
· how to interface any microcontroller or microprocessor to any display or camera using video bridging technologies from Lattice Semiconductor
· how MCUs can support voice-recognition services, such as Google Assistant or the Amazon Alexa Voice Service
· the HMI options available to users looking for an off-the-shelf System-on-Module (SoM) or Single-Board Computer (SBC) from TechNexion or iWave
Future Electronics will also demonstrate at the seminars a series of new HMI reference designs that it has developed at its Centre of Excellence in Gdansk, Poland, based on microcontrollers from NXP, ST and Microchip, and featuring TouchGFX-derived graphics on high-quality Tianma-NLT displays.
The seminar dates and venues are:
17 October Egham, UK
19 October Leeds, UK
25 October Gothenburg, Sweden
13 November Stuttgart, Germany
21 November Nantes, France
22 November Paris, France
23 November Brussels, Belgium
28 November Madrid, Spain
29 November San Sebastien, Spain
30 November Barcelona, Spain
Paul Donaldson, EMEA vertical segment director at Future Electronics, said: “Today customers are looking for full ecosystem solutions when evaluating a new product design – they are not choosing a semiconductor product, such as the microcontroller, in isolation. And the requirement for easy implementation of software graphics and touchscreen TFT displays now plays a much bigger part in a typical industrial design, driven by demand from end users.
“This seminar brings together supplier partners of Future Electronics to enable the design engineer to evaluate combinations of displays with touch and voice capabilities in the latest microcontrollers products, and to see how quick and easy it is to design a working graphical display with TouchGFX.”
Places at the seminars are only available to engineers who apply in advance, and spaces are strictly limited. To apply, e-mail FES-EMEA@FutureElectronics.com, or visit: http://uk.futureelectronics.com/en/promotions/EventsandSeminars/Pages/AccelerateyourHMIproject.aspx