ROLEC has launched new technoPLUS IP 66 rated enclosures – offering the latest technical features of its diecast aluminium boxes in a UV-stable plastic range.
Advanced new technoPLUS is manufactured from ASA LURAN plastic which is highly resistant to UV degradation.
The new range has been developed with a unique pole/mast attachment for easy installation on communications masts or street furniture such as lamppost or signs.
Each technoPLUS enclosure is pre-moulded with screw ports at the rear for fitting the mast attachment so no machining is required.
The pole/mast attachment is designed for horizontal or vertical orientation and has location grooves each way for metal or plastic securing straps.
Each enclosure can be mounted with the lid closed, helping to protect the electronics inside. For added tamper-proof security, the mounting screws and lid fixing screws are hidden under hinged clip-in plastic trims. The trims also help to protect the screws from the weather.
Retaining straps keep the lid in place during installation or maintenance. There is also a large recessed area for a membrane keypad or product label.
ROLEC technoPLUS is available in five sizes ranging from 130 x 90 x 70 mm to 270 x 170 x 90 mm.
Options include IP67 protection, which is achieved by using an uprated gasket. An EMC gasket is also available as an option.
ROLEC electronic housings are marketed in the UK by OKW Enclosures Ltd which is based in Fareham, Hampshire.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “New technoPLUS offers tried and tested features from ROLEC’s aluminium wall mounted boxes such as aluPLUS – but being manufactured in UV stable plastic, it provides significant cost benefits.
“This combination of features and materials makes technoPLUS perfect for electronics which need to be mounted on equipment poles or street furniture.
“That’s why ROLEC took the design a stage further and created a dedicated attachment for easy installation,” he added.
Features of ROLEC’s new technoPLUS enclosures:
- UV stable plastic enclosures for indoor or outdoor use
- Unique pole/mast attachment for fixing to street furniture or communications masts
- IP rating – IP66 (IP67 optional with uprated gasket)
- Materials/colours – enclosure (Light Grey RAL 7035) is moulded in ASA LURAN, UV stabilised with a 2 degree mould slope for casting ejection; lid straps PP (polypropylene, Window Grey, RAL 7040); lid trims POM (plastic polyoxymethylene, Stone Grey, RAL 7030); pole/mast attachment ASA LURAN, UV stabilised (Stone Grey RAL 7030)
- Combustion behaviour – UL94 HB
- Insulation – fully insulated VDE 0100
- Silicone gasket (-50°C up to +140°C), optional EMC gasket (-55°C to +160°C)
- Certification – GOST R (Russian Standards).
Like all ROLEC enclosures, the new technoPLUS range can be supplied custom-machined ready for switches, displays, connectors and cable glands.
Other customisation options include printing of logos and legends plus painting. Choose from up to 16 stock colours at no extra cost or specify other colours at an additional cost.
The new technoPLUS range is one of four plastic enclosures offered by ROLEC. The other three are:
- starCASE (ABS) – modern, attractive IP66 ABS enclosures for walls, bulkheads and machines; features include hidden fixing screws
- technoCASE (ABS or polycarbonate) – IP66, large range of standard sizes, hidden fixings, choose from deep or shallow lids and bases
- technoBOX (ABS) – IP66, bevelled lids, range of 10 standard industry sizes.
Family-owned ROLEC has at least 30 years of experience in the design and manufacture of housings for electronics and electrical equipment.
Its ruggedised aluminium and GRP enclosures are designed to withstand harsh industrial environments.
ROLEC offers a wide range of watertight housings, including cases rated to IP54, IP65, IP66, IP67 and IP69K.
Its electrical housings are specially designed for the rapid installation of components: DIN rails, terminal bars, base plates, cable glands, switches and earthing cables.
ROLEC instrument cases include wall mounted housings, handheld units (such as handCASE, mobilCASE and aluDISPLAY) plus front panel enclosures (aluFACE).