Mouser Electronics launched its new Timing Technology site, designed to give engineers easy-to-access information on the latest technical advances in timers, counters, and clocks. As part of Mouser”s growing selection of Applications & Technologies sites, the Timing Technology site provides a wealth of resource material — including articles and videos on timing and clock system design — as well as the newest frequency synthesisers, multiplexers, clock generators, and related components available at Mouser.
The new Timing Technology site, available on Mouser.com, contains helpful information for engineers who are interested in expanding their knowledge about timing technologies. The Technology section is segmented into five categories:
· Overview: provides a general explanation of timing technology and its applications
· Oscillators: looks at the construction and purpose of oscillators and provides links to different types of clock, programmable, and crystal oscillators
· Clock Generators: dives deeper into timing solutions that can reduce cost (including lower system component costs), enable smaller PCBs, and lower design-labor costs with a faster time-to-market
· Application Specific: details environments where engineers might incorporate a specialised timing solution instead of a general-purpose clock
· Clock System Design: discusses additional requirements and considerations when developing a system with multiple reference frequencies, including reducing skew and jitter
The Featured Products section focuses on key products available from Mouser that engineers can incorporate into efficient timing designs. Products include the Texas Instruments LMX2592 wideband frequency synthesiser, Silicon Labs Si5380 12-output JESD204B clock generator, and the IDT 8V19N40x FemtoClock NG jitter attenuators and clock synthesisers.
The Articles section provides information on MEMS oscillators; a look at oscillators, clocks, buffers, and redrivers; and an introduction to building clock trees. All articles offer an area to post comments and questions to facilitate further discussions on the topic.
Finally, the Technical Resources section lists videos, application notes, and white papers that discuss device selection and system considerations when designing clock and timing systems. Subjects discussed include clock design, crystal oscillators, and the JESD204B serial interface.