The SMT172 is a 3 pin, digital ultra-low power, fully calibrated, high accuracy temperature sensor with pulse width modulated (PWM) output signal.
The PWM duty cycle is proportional to the measured temperature. The SMT172 requires only on digital pin.
Accuracy is less than 0.1 ºC in the range of -10ºC to 100ºC and accuracy of 0.4ºC from -45ºC to -20ºC and 100ºC to 135ºC (max temp) with very low noise of 0.0001ºC.
With a voltage range from 2.7 V to 5.5 V this sensor can be used with 3.0V, 3.3V and 5V systems.
The SM172 is the most energy efficient temperature sensor in the world (Feb 2017) with an average current of < 60uA or 220nA (1 measurement / second).
- Overall accuracy 0.1ºC in the temperature range of -20ºC to 80ºC. (TO18)
- Overall accuracy 0.25ºC in the temperature range of -10ºC to 100ºC.
- Full temperature range from -45ºC to -135ºC (-49ºF to 275ºF).
- No external components required.
- PWM output is easy to read by the a microprocessor.
- PWM sensor signal is proportional to the temperature.
- PWM sensor signal can be converted to an analogue signal with low pass filter.
- 3 pin sensor, requires only one digital pin. ( Vcc, Gnd, PWM output ).
- 7 packages ( TO18, TO92, TO220, SOIC-8L, SOT223, HEC)
- Also available as a 7mm stainless steel probe supplied with a 5m cable.
- Use with cable lengths up to 20m.
- Application boards for quick development.
- SMTAS04USBmini application board for use with up to 4 sensors.
- SMTAS08USBmini application board for use with up to 8 sensors.
- SMT172toI2C interface board for I2C applications.
- SMT172toI2C can convert the SMT172 output signal into the now obsolete SMT160-30 signal.
For further details see link: www.mmselectronics.co.uk/smt172.htm
MMS Electronics Ltd
Tel 01943 877668