Littelfuse has introduced the low-capacitance SP3014 Series TVS Diode Array to provide protection for electronic equipment that may experience destructive electrostatic discharges (ESD). The SP3014 Series, which integrates two channels of low capacitance steering diodes and a zener diode, can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC61000-4-2 international standard without performance degradation.
The SP3014 Series provides clamping voltages more than 50 percent lower than similar silicon solutions to protect the most fragile ICs from damage or premature failure from electrical transients. Its low loading capacitance makes it ideal for protecting high-speed signal lines such as USB 2.0 and 1Gb Ethernet. An extremely low dynamic resistance protects sensitive, state-of-the-art chipsets against damage or premature failure that may result from ESD by clamping the overvoltage transient to a safe level. Typical applications include ultrabooks, notebooks, LCD TVs, set-top boxes, Ethernet switches, external HDDs, smartphones, automotive electronics, etc.
“The SP3014 Series with its dynamic resistance of 0.04? offers circuit and hardware designers a highly optimized clamping device capable of protecting the most sensitive ICs against electrical transients such as ESD” said Chad Marak, director of the TVS Diode Arrays product line. Not only does the SP3014 offer the near ideal brick wall clamping response, but it also presents only 0.5pF of loading capacitance making it suitable in a multitude of low and high-speed applications.
The SP3014 Series TVS Diode Array offers a number of benefits:
- Low dynamic resistance of 0.04? provides clamping voltages more than 50 percent lower than similar silicon solutions to protect even the most fragile ICs from damage or premature failure.
- Robust ESD capability of ±15kV (contact), ±25kV (air) allowing manufacturers to claim ESD protection above the maximum level as stated in the IEC standard.
- Low capacitance of 0.5pF which minimizes signal degradation to preserve system performance and reduces the designer’s dependency on accurate trace impedance simulators.
- Small form factor µDFN-6L package simplifies the PCB layout by allowing the traces to run directly underneath the device without the need for stub traces that can cause signal degradation.
- Automotive-grade quality ensures maximum reliability in the harshest environments.