Keysight Technologies, Inc., a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, announced the Keysight DAQ970A data acquisition system (DAQ) to speed test development times with rapid measurement and scan rates, expanded measurement types and ranges, as well as simple test sequence automation.
Increasing product design complexity necessitates new and challenging test requirements. To ensure effective testing of these complex designs, fast measurements and data logging of multiple signal types is required. Keysight’s DAQ970A provides test engineers with the widest range of measurement types and ranges, fast scan rates and simplified test automation.
Keysight’s DAQ970A leverages the company’s BenchVue DAQ application software to facilitate rapid creation of automated tests, instrument control to set parameters and status alerts, and simple analysis of measurement results. Embedded test flow capabilities automate DAQ setups and measurements into test sequences, while a new, intuitive graphical front panel display offers self-guiding menus that enable test engineers to quickly perform all tasks directly from the instrument.
“Testing products with greater functionality, in less time, requires the ability to sample more signals, faster,” said Chris Cain, vice president of Keysight’s Electronic and Industrial Solution Group Centre of Excellence. “Precision measurements across a wide range of measurement types is mandatory. Keysight’s DAQ970A solution enable engineers to substantially improve design validation through automated testing without programming, expanded measurement options, and fast scan rates.”
Keysight’s data acquisition system improves design validation and speeds test development times with:
- Up to 5000 readings/sec and scan rates up to 450 channels/sec
- Focus on improved measurement accuracy via an advanced 6 1/2 digit internal digital multimeter and auto-calibration that compensates for internal drifts caused by time and temperature changes
- Comprehensive testing of a greater number of designs with expanded measurement capabilities and ranges for voltage (300 V), current (1μA DC, 100 μA AC), resistance (1000 MΩ), diode and capacitance (1 nF – 100 μF)
- Multiple format displays (number, bar, meter, trend chart, and histogram) to easily monitor measurement results
- A new solid-state switching multiplexer module with faster scanning rates and longer lifespan than multiplexers with mechanical relays