The Heterogeneous Technology Alliance (HTA), an association of four major European research institutes in micro- and nanotechnologies – Leti (France), Fraunhofer (Germany), CSEM (Switzerland), and VTT (Finland) – will host its 10th anniversary event in Brussels on April 24.
The event will address Europe’s standing in the race towards innovation in the age of hyperconnectivity, an initiative that leverages each research and technology organisation’s expertise through Horizon 2020 – a Europe 2020 flagship program aimed at securing Europe’s global competitiveness. Colette Maloney, head of Competitive Electronics Industry, European Commission, DG Connect, will discuss the outlook for micro- and nanosystems in H2020 and FP9. Key industrials – GlobalFoundries, Soitec, Nestlé, Murata – will also provide their visions for Europe.
Guests will discover how European RTOs are working hand-in-hand with industry to strengthen Europe’s competitiveness. The event will feature live tech demonstrations highlighting HTA project successes in various fields. Here are a few examples:
- Disruptive quantum magnetometers will reduce the cost of magnetoencephalography (MEG) devices, while improving diagnosis and treatment for epileptic patients
- An optical coherence tomography (OCT) microsystem used for skin cancer detection
- A wireless broadband technology that gives everyone access to the Internet, even citizens located in remote rural places. This technology can also be used to improve maritime communication.
- MEMS micro mirror enabling environment scanning for autonomous driving
- Flexible display demonstrator for automotive and architectural-infrastructure lighting solutions
- Automated – cell and module – industrial photovoltaic production for regaining and securing European renewable energy markets
Agriculture & Food:
- Using Big Data for sustainable agriculture, forestry, and fishing
- A miniaturised grating spectrometer that exhibits very low volume and power consumption, perfectly suited for the integration in mobile devices and on-site testing of food
DATE: April, 24th, 2 pm
LOCATION: Résidence Palace, Centre de presse international, Polak Room, Rue de la Loi 155.