RS Components (RS), the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers, has increased the range of products it stocks from Schneider Electric’s Harmony range – the most comprehensive range of switches, pushbuttons, and pilot lights on the market for OEMs, panel builders, and system integrators.
The new additions – which comprise robust and ergonomic push buttons, switches and pilot lights, indicators, timers, sockets and potentiometers – will allow panel designers to incorporate additional functionality and flexibility into their electrical panels, which, in turn, will give operators additional capabilities and visual indicators.
Thanks to a unique shake-proof system, low-power signals and low-power switching, the Harmony range is well suited to demanding industrial environments and explosive/dust-laden atmospheres and can withstand the harshest operating conditions, including those seen in the textile, wood and paper, automotive, packaging, food and beverage, marine, mining, water, and oil and gas industries.
Delivering high reliability, service life and performance coupled to lower maintenance and increased operator safety, the range also offers quick and simple installation thanks to a self-holding function when mounting, the ability to stack contact modules, and reliable and friction-locked fastening with just one screw. A wide range of accessories is also available that is compatible with the entire Harmony range.
New products in the range, now available from RS, include:
· Flush-mounting kits, which provide an innovative design to improve the look and feel of new and existing control panels;
· Potentiometers for drive-speed control or to make basic setting adjustments;
· Three-phase voltage Indicators, which highlight the presence of three phases with or without neutral for the main power supply 360-440 VAC;
· USB and RJ45 ports for simple and effective connectivity of a PLC;
· Panel mount timers for the modification of PLC timer programs without opening the panel door;
· Yellow functions, comprising lights, LED blocks switch heads, pushbuttons and selector switch heads.
By stocking this extended range from Schneider Electric, panel builders can now call upon a single manufacturer and supplier for all of their electrical requirements, safe in the knowledge that spares and many other compatible devices are readily available with short lead times. Operators gain peace of mind through: improved efficiency with better feedback; a clearer view of control features, thanks to high brightness and full-surface illumination; and large, flat pushbutton heads that are optimised for button actuation while wearing gloves.
The additions form part of a much larger collection of panel building solutions from RS, which are backed up with significant support and educational collateral on the RS DesignSpark website.