Customized board-to-board connectors from Advanced Interconnections Corp. solve difficult design challenges with innovative designs that work around PC board space constraints, enable automated assembly, facilitate blind mating, and more.
Advanced Interconnections specializes in customized interconnect solutions for development, test, validation, and volume production applications. Experienced application engineers work directly with global customers to create customized solutions with a focus on design for assembly (DFA). Value-added features and in-house technology from the Advanced® Tool Box of 35+ years of interconnect ingenuity are designed-in to reduce PC board processing and product assembly time and costs.
Value-added features from the Advanced® Tool Box include:
- Solder preform terminals provide a controlled volume of solder to improve solder joints and allow through-hole connectors to be reflowed with surface mount devices
- Shrouded insulators protect pins and facilitate blind mating or automated pick-and-place
- Unique insulator shapes fit around PC board layout constraints
- Removable carriers eliminate hand-loading of terminals to reduce assembly time
Advanced Interconnections designs and manufactures customized interconnect solutions for semiconductor development and high reliability electronic applications including medical, military, automotive, and telecommunications. IC sockets, package conversion adapters, and board to board connectors feature screw-machined terminals for field-proven performance and durability. From prototype to production volumes, innovative designs are produced to customer-specific requirements in our fully integrated manufacturing facility in the USA.
In-house capabilities include:
- Experienced design engineering
- Precision screw machine technology
- State-of-the-art tool making from mold design though cutting steel
- Injection molding equipment
- Precision drilling and routing capability
- Surface mount assembly technology
- Device attachment
- Automated optical inspection
- Tape and reel packaging
Thousands of standard and custom designs are available. View our Connector Customization video or find an Authorized Distributor in the UK at www.advanced.com.
ADVANCED INTERCONNECTIONS CORP.
5 Energy Way, West Warwick, RI 02893 USA
USA Tel: 1 (401) 823-5200