Avnet Abacus is to host a series of live webinars addressing the various trade-offs and challenges currently faced by power engineers.
They will provide valuable insights into dealing with acute power system pressures relating to standards compliance, adherence to size and weight constraints, maximising conversion efficiency levels, improving operational reliability, keeping bill-of-materials costs down and meeting deadlines.
Hosted by Avnet Abacus’ resident power specialist, Andrew Hutton, and scheduled to take place every two weeks between 18 March and 27 May, the six live 30-minute online engineering masterclasses, will feature expert insights from specialists at some of the world’s leading power supply manufacturers. To register for the live webinars, visit the Masterclass Hub.
The sessions will examine the latest technologies and industry standards, identify the key considerations and trade-offs, and provide advice on how to achieve reliable, efficient power supply designs for use across multiple markets and applications. The schedule is as follows:
• Power supply design for safety (18 March) – Artesyn Embedded Power will explain how safety guideline changes will affect future designs implementations.
• 7 key power supply considerations for EV charging systems (30 March) – MEAN WELL will discuss power supply integration, specifically focussing on AC chargers and eScooter charging platforms.
• EMI requirements and filter design for railway applications (15 April) – Murata Power will talk about EN 50155 EMI standards compliance and filter design considerations when designing DC-DC converters into rail applications.
• Powering 5G RU amplifiers: LDMOS & GaN compatible power solutions (29 April) – FLEX Power will describe the challenges and requirements of powering 5G infrastructure.
• Modular power supplies: What, why and how? (13 May) – Excelsys will provide some tips and tricks for designing modular, configurable power supplies.
• Power design challenges for laser cutting applications (27 May) – Bel Power Solutions will look at how to achieve reliable power system designs within extremely harsh operational environments.
As well as being able to attend the live webinars by registering here all of the sessions will be available on-demand afterwards.
Avnet Abacus offers a comprehensive portfolio of power conversion products from the world’s top manufacturers, for use in a wide range of end markets, including industrial, healthcare, transportation, lighting, and defence. It has a team of power engineers located across Europe to support customers with product selection and design.