Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) has introduced a 16-channel, mixed-signal front-end (MxFE) digitizer for aerospace and defence applications, including phased array radars, electronic warfare, and ground-based SATCOM (satellite communications).
The new digitizer includes four AD9081 or four AD9082 software-defined, direct RF sampling transceivers. It is designed to accelerate customer development by providing reference RF signal chains, software architectures, power supply designs, and application example code. ADI also introduced a digitizing card to complement the platform and facilitate system-level calibration algorithms and demonstration of power-up phase determinism.
- View the product page at: https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/evaluation-hardware-and-software/evaluation-boards-kits/Quad-MxFE.html
- Watch a video about the mixed-signal front-end digitizer and digitizing card: https://www.analog.com/en/education/education-library/videos/6184061669001.html.
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com
ADQUADMXFE1EBZ 16-Channel, Mixed-Signal Front-End Digitizer Key Features:
- 16x RF receive (Rx) channels (32x digital Rx channels)
- 16x RF transmit (Tx) channels (32x digital Tx channels)
- Provided application-specific examples in MATLAB® application scripts and a GUI
- Flexible clock distribution
ADQUADMXFE-CAL Digitizing Card Key Features:
- Provides both individual adjacent channel loopback and combined channel loopback options
- Combined Tx and Rx channels output via SMA connectors
- On-board log power detectors with AD5592R digitization
Pricing and Availability
|ADQUADMXFE1EBZ||Quad-MxFE (2nd Nyquist Rx Operation, Populated with AD9081)||NOW||$12,000||Box with Power Supply & Some Associated Cabling|
|ADQUADMXFE2EBZ||Quad-MxFE (1st Nyquist Rx Operation, Populated with AD9081)||June 2021||$12,000||Box with Power Supply & Some Associated Cabling|
|ADQUADMXFE3EBZ||Quad-MxFE (Wideband Variant, Populated with AD9082)||June 2021||$12,000||Box with Power Supply & Some Associated Cabling|
|ADQUADMXFE-CAL||16 Tx / 16 Rx Calibration Board||NOW||$2,500||Box with Power Supply & Some Associated Cabling|