Altium has released PCB design content for Altium Designer users supporting the FTDI FT800 family of HMI solutions. The FT800 family, with its EVE (Embedded Video Engine) Technology, is able to combine display, audio and touch in a single chip helping to reduce board area, power and BOM requirements.
According to Fred Dart, CEO and Founder of FTDI this validated library support from Altium meant that HMI designers were, “another step closer to outputting quality system solutions with the FT800 device.”
By releasing board design content to support the FTDI FT800 family, Altium is able to reduce, if not eliminate the time engineers spend developing and validating PCB footprints, schematic symbols and 3D component bodies for FTDI components. The content release includes live supply chain solutions providing an accurate picture of overall project BOM cost as well as assisting in sourcing the components quickly.
Altium Designer subscriber customers enjoy access to Altium’s Content Vault which includes extensive board design support for more than 140,000 components from vendors such as Linear Technology, Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, Microchip and Maxim.
- Altium continues to maintain board design libraries for all FTDI device families:
- FT800, Embedded Video Engine HMI Solutions.
- FT-X, Low power, low pin count, Full Speed USB interface bridges.
- FT12, USB Full Speed Device Contollers.
- Vinculum Family, USB Host / Slave Controllers.
- FT300, USB Host / Android Open Accessory (AOA) Solutions.
- FT Series, USB Slave Controllers.