The A1 radar sensor is based on a unique patented technology enabling mm accuracy with very low power consumption. The sensor is based on PCR (Pulsed Coherent Radar) technology, that gives several strong advantages including extremely high range resolution while only consuming micro watts of power, and offers unique possibilities for integration into other devices. Attributes include accuracy, low current consumption, motion and gestures, material identification, and easy integration.
“We are very happy to launch our innovative radar sensor with Digi-Key,” said Lars Lindell, CEO at Acconeer. “With their global distribution and customer base, Digi-Key can help Acconeer reach out to customers worldwide.”
Acconeer’s ground-breaking 3D sensor technology creates endless possibilities in a wide range of application for multiple industries, including: robots & drones, mobile & wearables, IoT, power tools & industrial, healthcare & fitness, and automotive.
- mm Accuracy – distance mm accuracy for one or multiple objects
- Movement & Speed measurement – continuous measurements up to 1500 Hz
- Material identification – distinguish between materials with different dielectric constant.
- Microwatt – enables integration into any battery driven device
- Optimised integration – small one chip solution with embedded RF and antenna solution that requires no need for aperture
- Robustness – not compromised by any natural source of interference such as noise, dust, color, direct or indirect light
“We’re excited to partner with Acconeer and leverage the unique characteristics of their radar sensor to enable material identification and motion detection for our customers designing advanced sensing applications,” said David Stein, VP, global semiconductors at Digi-Key. “The need for power efficient, advanced, high precision 3D sensors in a small form factor is growing, and we believe our new partnership with Acconeer will assist in driving global technology trends into the future.”