With RSA kicking off this week in San Francisco, IoT security remains top of mind for the industry. Today, we are sharing two major announcements from Arm geared towards bringing us another step closer to our vision of a trillion connected devices.
New flexible SoC solution to enable rapid development of secure IoT devices
We are launching the Arm SDK-700 System Design Kit, which you can read about in this blog from Paul Williamson, vice president and general manager, IoT Device IP Line of Business, Arm:
- SDK-700 is a new SoC solution for rich IoT nodes and gateways, built on PSA principles.
- It is Arm’s first heterogeneous SoC solution, combining the efficiency and real-time response of Cortex-M with performance of Cortex-A to enable complex processing and machine learning at the edge.
- The solution provides the secure SoC foundation for Microsoft Azure Sphere, announced at RSA yesterday.
Arm backs new Tech Accord to protect consumers and businesses
- You may have seen yesterday’s announcement that we are a founding member of the Cybersecurity Tech Accord, joining a list of companies including Microsoft, Cisco, Facebook and Oracle in what is the largest-ever cybersecurity pact.
- Under the four-point accord, the signatories agree to do their utmost to defend customers everywhere from malicious cyberattacks by cybercriminal enterprises and nation states.
- Read more about Arm’s perspective on this new initiative and why we are supporting in this blog from Carolyn Herzog, General Counsel, Arm.